Universities are committed to the creation and transfer of knowledge, and professional training. Therefore, the professional training of students is our main goal. Universities must also respond to the demands of a constantly changing society and, at the same time, they must embrace knowledge in all its dimensions. It must firstly be guaranteed that universities’ knowledge and traditions continue and are updated in order to continue to offer a specific intellectual, scientific and human experience. Secondly, agile and flexible responses must be given in order to implement teaching methods that reflect the demands of society.
With regard to teaching methods, we are committed to continuous assessment, active pedagogical methodology and professional training (internships are compulsory). In addition, students are given an introduction to research methods (final project). One of the greatest advantages of the curriculum is that subjects are coordinated to ensure that students receive basic grounding in the field and that content is not duplicated from one subject to another. Lectures can either be attended in the morning or in the afternoon. Students can take therefore manage their time according to their interests and availability.
Graduates will be trained to work as ECONOMISTS.
More specifically, graduates will be trained to pursue a career in any of the following professions:
- Investment and finance consultant
- Market analyst
- Tax consultant
- Sales manager and marketing expert
- Business administrator and manager
- Administrator and manager in public and non-profit organisations
A Degree in Business Administration is designed for students who are interested in developing their career in the field of business management or are interested in understanding how the economy functions. A good student profile is someone who is a negotiator, an entrepreneur, and at the same time, demonstrates an ethical and responsible attitude. It requires ease of oral and written communication, analytical and mathematical ability, motivation to understand the phenomena and social changes and decision-making and conflict resolution ability.
In this regard, Royal Decree 1892/2008 of 14 November, Article 1 regulates the conditions for accessing official university degrees and admission procedures at public universities. According to Article 2, you can access the official university degree in Spanish universities if you meet one of the following requirements:
- Be in any of the following situations:
- Access to the university by means of passing a test, by those who are in possession of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Access to the university for educational system students from Member States of the European Union and other countries with whom Spain has signed international agreements.
- Access to the university for students from foreign educational systems, with previous certified approval, of the original degree to a Bachelor's Degree in Spanish.
- Access to the university by those who are in possession of an Upper Technical Degree corresponding to courses for Professional Training and Artistic Education or Upper Sports Techniques relating to Sport Courses.
- Access to the university for people over twenty years of age.
- Access to the university through the accreditation of professional experience (provided by Law 4/2007).
- Access to the university for people over forty-five years of age.
- Be in possession of an official university degree or equivalent qualification.
- Hold a university degree from a university diploma, such as technical architect, technical engineer, lawyer, architect, engineer, corresponding to the previous university arrangement or equivalent qualification.
- Completed partial foreign university studies or finishing it, not obtaining their approval in Spain and wishing to continue studying at a university in Spain. In this case, it is essential that the corresponding university has recognized at least 30 credits.